Sunday, October 3, 2021

Year 9: Let's Get it Started!

      That title is a bit of a fib since we already started and it's been six weeks.  We actually just had our first break which is why I'm able to sit and write this post.  However, it is on the very last day of our week off and a couple of hours before I plan on going to sleep.  Apparently, when it comes to blogging I like to live on the edge!  Oh, well.  Better late than never.

     What can I tell you about the last few weeks?  I can tell you that it's been full.  Little Toughie has had long days that are forcing her to manage her time better.  She has a schedule, in preparation for high school and since I'm not teaching A380 anymore, her studies are a bit tougher because I can give her even more of my time.

     She's handling it like a champ though!  She still does her chores and helps around the house.  At times I'll catch her taking a nap in the afternoon after her science lessons because, let's be honest, sometimes science can be draining.

     Normally, this is where I'd post of picture of said student napping on the floor but I'm not allowed to do that and I don't want to be a bad mom.  Instead I will leave you with a picture of the tree in front of our home that I took over the course of the past year:


     I love seeing the change of seasons through this tree.  The leaves are just starting to trickle down on the the grass but come next month we'll be able the hear crunching on the ground as neighbors walk past our front yard.  It's like a built in alarm of sorts!

     That's all I have for now since my bedtime is approaching and my brain is craving quiet reading time.  Next time I'll share a bit about what we've chosen curriculum wise for this school year and fill you in on what A380 is up to.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments require approval. Thank you for reading Accidental Teacher, On Purpose.