Friday, February 12, 2016

Our Rule of Six

     Have you had the chance to check out Sarah Mackenzie's blog Amongst Lovely Things?  It's an enjoyable blog filled with excellent information.  She's also the driving force behind the Read-Aloud Revival and insightful, yet humble author of Teaching From Rest:  A Homeschooler's Guide to Unshakable Peace.  (I know, that's a lot of links, but come please come back to them later.  They're worth it!)

     Sarah's blog and book are filled with so much wonderful homeschool wisdom, but what makes it stand out are the podcasts and Master Classes (these are available to members).  I don't often get to listen to the podcasts but I recently "attended" a Master Class titled "Focus & Align".  From this class and this post, attendees were taught how to develop their own Rule of Six.  If you missed the class you can become a member and still listen to it.

      Now, I love this because I've been meaning to write our homeschool mission or philosophy and didn't know where to begin.  After the class and doing a little brainstorming, I finally came up with this:

     I'm printing it out and hanging it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments require approval. Thank you for reading Accidental Teacher, On Purpose.