Sunday, August 14, 2016

Year 4, Week 2: The Ice Age

     This week our history study brought us to the Ice Age and Noah and The Flood.  They marveled at a sea fossil being found atop a mountain and that there were once land bridges between continents.  Oh, the love of learning and discovery!

     Also, in keeping with adding things in slowly we began science this week:



     I let each child pick their own science subject this year.  Little Toughie opted for sea animals while my son chose Earth Science.  This is our first time using Apologia.  I'm hoping they enjoy it.

     At the end of our Ice Age study the kids were challenged to put an ice cube on their belly to see who could let it sit there the longest.  Neither one lasted long enough for me to take a picture but I can tell you there was a lot on squirming and squealing in the short 30 seconds my daughter lasted.  My son didn't last more than 5 seconds and shrieked for about that long!

     That's about it for now.  Nothing too exciting...yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments require approval. Thank you for reading Accidental Teacher, On Purpose.