Sunday, August 16, 2015

Year 3: Exploring Countries and Cultures, Week 2

     We love My Father's World.  I mean, what curriculum suggests baking a cake and decorating it with the continents?





     I baked the cake ahead of time and frosted the ocean for them.  They thought I was baking a cake for a potluck at church and that they weren't going to have any.  They were surprised when I told them the real purpose of the cake and that they would indeed, have a small piece (At least it was gluten-free.  I have no idea how it tasted.  I didn't have any).

     To wrap up the week they also made paper dolls to show some of the different countries and cultures we'll be studying this year.  I even purchased People Crayons!





     That's all for now.  Can't wait to see what next week brings!  God bless you and yours.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments require approval. Thank you for reading Accidental Teacher, On Purpose.