Sunday, March 30, 2014

Kindergarten, Weeks 31 and 32

     I'm seeing a pattern in these last few weeks of school.  Do you see it?  I have so many things going on at once (not intentionally) that I haven't had the time to sit and write every week.  I'm having to catch up and summarize two weeks instead of one!

     Let's start with Week 31, shall we?  We continued our reading of Dr. Doolittle (LOVE it) and can't wait to finish it.  My husband just told me that there's a movie as well (not the Eddie Murphy one).  I didn't know that.  So, I'm going to see if I can get a hold of a copy and watch it with my Little Toughie.

     Our Bible studies continued into the life of Jesus.  This week we read a lot of the parables that Jesus shared with his disciples and the people, in hopes that they would gain understanding.  My daughter and I had a lot of deep discussions about the parables.  It is during this time that I wish my son were with us instead of at public school.  He's missing out on a more in depth, daily study of the Bible, but that may change!

     Week 31 was also the week of my Little Toughie's birthday.  One of her gifts was a Lego Friends toy which since insisted on putting together by herself.  I have to admit, that I usually don't like the Legos that are put together to create something specific, but I do like the idea of her being able to follow the directions in sequence and the sense of accomplishment she feels when she's done.  I opened it up and laid everything on the floor for her and let her be.  I only had to help her twice and it took her 45 minutes to get it done.

Her finished pieces!

     Week 32 coincided with our break from Classical Conversations, so we took one day "off".  Basically, I used that day to catch up on chores and just play with my daughter.  I completed some tasks from my to-do list, but didn't get to read as much as I had planned.  As you can see, writing up my weekly post was not done either!

     This week also brought us the to the Crucifixion of Jesus.  Now, this lead to even lengthier and deeper conversations with my daughter.  I even shed tears during our discussions (it was hard not too).  I mean, how could I read about what our Savior did for us and not be overwhelmed with the mixed feelings of sadness, gratefulness and love?  My daughter felt compelled to draw a pictures (one with a verse both kids have memorized):


     With that, I bid you a wonderful and blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments require approval. Thank you for reading Accidental Teacher, On Purpose.