Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Kindergarten, Week 26

     In a previous post I mentioned that I was taking a look at curriculum for the Fall and that I would likely go with Sonlight again.  I was wrong.  After taking a look at the Classical Conversations Cycle 3 schedule, I decided to create my own curriculum.  Next year's CC cycle will cover subjects and facts that my daughter could learn with hands on projects, art, notebooking, reading and copywork, thus I'm coming up with my own curriculum, purchasing just a few items.  I have most of it selected and am now just waiting to attend at least one homeschool convention to see if there's anything else I'd like to add or change.  I was very happy with Sonlight (as was my daughter) and I'm sure we'll go back to it when she gets older.  It's just that it can be quite expensive, and I just can't justify spending hundreds of dollars on a curriculum in these early years, especially if it does not tie in with our CC studies.

     This week we studied energy, electricity and Newton's third law of motion.  We also finished yet another wonderful book, The Light at Tern Rock.  My Little Toughie liked to hear that someone could live in the lighthouse.

     Or Bible studies continued into the life of Jesus and with Valentine's Day wrapping up our week we could not help but end it with this:

Free printable Courtesy of Whole Family Strong
     What else can I say?  May God bless and keep you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments require approval. Thank you for reading Accidental Teacher, On Purpose.