Thursday, December 19, 2013

Kindergarten, Week 20

     Better late than never, right?  Week 20 was a complete blur.  It was also our last week of Classical Conversations before the Winter Break.  The hustle and bustle of the season descended upon us and I have to admit, as busy as it is, I am enjoying myself.  We've attended more holiday gatherings this past week than we have in the past 4 years!

     Our week started with a cookie making party hosted by one of our lovely friends.  It was a delightful time spent with friends old and new, but most of all the kids had a great time making and then devouring cookies.  Plus, they had plenty of time to play and work off all that sugar.  (No, the cookies weren't Paleo, but I'm a little more flexible with treats for them this time of the year.)  The adults spent plenty of time chatting and just enjoying each other's company.

     We attended two more holiday parties a few days later.  One was a gathering of our Classical Conversations community and the other was hosted by a CC family.  Both parties were a blast!  I got to bake too!  I whipped up some Black Currant and Walnut Rugelach, as well as some Pecan Pie Brownies.  This is the time of the year where I get to bake a lot and give it away.  Sometimes I'll have a taste, but most of the time I bake it to share it.

     Oh, and yes, we did school work!  We began a short study on World War II and the human body.  Our study on WWII included the book Twenty and Ten, a short book that gave some insight into what some of the children had to endure during those tragic times.  Our study on the human body was more like review since the kids and I read (and watched) plenty of The Magic School Bus books about the human body and senses over the summer.  It was nice to see how much my daughter remembered!

     That's it for now.  We're doing one more week of homeschooling (we're in the middle of Week 21 right now) before we take our "break".  It's a break from the usual work, but we'll be doing a short and fun study on the Nativity from Intoxicated Life.  I'll also be using math sheets from Blessed Beyond a Doubt since my daughter loves practicing her addition and subtraction.  My son gets to join us as well since this is his last week of school.  We'll also do some arts and crafts and likely some more baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments require approval. Thank you for reading Accidental Teacher, On Purpose.