Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pretend Play With a Real Rock Star

     This isn't about homeschooling specifically, but I credit God and the daily Bible studying that we get to do in our homeschool for what just happened in our home.

     My daughter LOVES pretend play.  She has such a wonderful imagination and it was something we could see early on, which is why we happily obliged when she asked to take acting classes.  Every day, there is some sort of performance or pretend playing.  Every single day.

     A few minutes before I began writing this we were in the middle of playing.  Pretend play, that is.  She asked me to pretend that I was a homeless person and that she was a rock star.  I wasn't sure where this was going, but of course, went along.

     She told me that she was going to walk past me and that I was to ask for spare change and then she would lead the rest of the play.  Below is a write-up of how it went:
Me:  Excuse me, ma'am, could you spare some change?
Rock Star:  Well, you can come live with me.
Me:  Live with you?
Rock Star:  I'm a Rock Star and I have a homeless shelter so you can come live with me.  (By the way, she was holding a guitar.  I guess it was to serve as proof that she was indeed a Rock Star.)
Me:  Well, that's mighty nice of you, but I don't have any money and can't pay you.  Why are you doing this?
Rock Star:  Well, we love the homeless.  We care about the homeless and we feed the homeless.  So, you can come live with me and I'll give you food.
     We continued our playing and she provided  me a blanket and fed me.  She gave me hugs and patted me on my back to comfort me.  She'd tell me that there was nothing I had to do when I offered to clean her house or cook as payment for allowing me to live with her.  She gently told me, "No, you don't have to do anything."

     I can't tell you how much my heart swelled hearing all these things come from her.  Her heart is full of pure love and I pray that by the power of Jesus and the guidance of the Holy Spirit, that it will forever be that way.

     She doesn't know it yet, but in God's eyes, she's already a real Rock Star!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments require approval. Thank you for reading Accidental Teacher, On Purpose.