Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Poetry Anthology (The Runaway Egg)

     When Summer began I wanted the kids to get a break from school work but still do something educational and creative.  I decided to help them create a Poetry Anthology.

     We did this by borrowing a couple of books from the library; It's Raining Pigs and Noodles and Where the Sidewalk Ends.  We started with me reading the title of a couple of poems.  They chose the one they wanted to  hear.  I did not show them the illustrations in the book.  Instead, I asked them to close their eyes and imagine what the author was trying to convey.  Then, I asked them to draw what they had imagined.

     Eventually, this led to my Kindergartner choosing to write her own poems (She dictated them to me.  I just typed them up.)  Below is one of her original works, including the illustrations, which I scanned to share with you:



     Eggs and bacon.  You can't go wrong with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments require approval. Thank you for reading Accidental Teacher, On Purpose.