Sunday, July 28, 2013

Homeschooling, Week Three

     This week flew by quickly.  So much so, that I jumped ahead of myself and did an extra reading from Day 4 of our week when we were clearly on Day 3.  Oops!  The kids didn't seem to mind.  They enjoyed wrapping up our lessons about Ancient Egypt and finishing learning about the weather.

     We moved on to Ancient Greece this week and when I mentioned Athens the kids excitedly yelped, "Hey, that's where Paul is from!"  Paul is my favorite disciple and he happened to be the focus of Vacation Bible School for my kids this year.  It was awesome to see them make the connection.

     Our study on the weather ended with making a windsock and a weather vane.  Below are my little students hard at work.



     I love homeschooling.  I was unsure of how it was going to be, but I'm enjoying seeing the kids pick up on the details of what we're learning.  I'm enjoying discussing whatever it is we're learning, whether it's our Bible study, Geography or Math.  If I had to pick a favorite, I would say that I get a kick out of creative writing.  (I guess that's no surprise given this blog.)  This week my daughter had to make up a story based on a picture.  (The picture showed a boy sitting with a simple robot.)  Below is what she dictated to me while looking at the picture:


     Isn't that a great story?  My son was completing reading comprehension work at this time and I was happy to see that he got all the answers right without my help.

     I know this is just the beginning, but I have the feeling that as we move along, even if we hit a few bumps, this experience will strengthen our faith, our family and our minds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments require approval. Thank you for reading Accidental Teacher, On Purpose.